So, if you are running WordPress 2.6.2 or earlier (especially if you are running an earlier version) then you should upgrade soonest.
Previous big number release was 2.5 and this is 2.5.1.
- Performance improvements for the Dashboard, Write Post, and Edit Comments pages.
- Better performance for those who have many categories
- Media Uploader fixes
- An upgrade to TinyMCE 3.0.7
- Widget Administration fixes
- Various usability improvements
- Layout fixes for IE
There are also security fixes and a host of other fixes, improvements and upgrades.Â If you are running an older version, be warned that you are at risk from malicious people.Â If you are new to blogging, then WordPress.org is a great platform for self hosted blogging and is pretty easy to set up and maintain.