Category Archives: Site News
All boxes are unpacked and the sofa has now been moved six or seven times. I have also recategorised all my books and put a picture frame over the unsightly hole in the wall. I have now moved from lostaddress.org over to here at lostaddress.wordpress.com – time to put my feet up, I think.
Obviously, I couldn’t bring over all my old stuff and so I had to leave it behind, but the new home is comfortable enough and I’ll probably stick around for a while longer….
More details can be found at the old home for this site, but hopefully my usual visitors will find me here. Or I’ll have some new ones, who knows?
Can you believe that people come to this site by searching for something specific? No, neither can I. But they do. And lots of the time they are searching for something realistic. Other times they search for … something that I don’t have.
Anyway, enough of that, let’s have a look at my search list to find out how people come to find my site. List is after the jump (which comes after number 17) and will be in reverse order to prolong the agony.
19. slackware vs. – fairy nuff. distro v distro is common on the internet
18. cartoon lesbians – this answers the question at number 20 I guess
17. give a shitometer – there is a picture on this site called that. I wonder what my ranking is to get someone to come here for it though? Read the rest of this entry
So, how people got here. Filthy minded people are still my primary resource. Welcome perverts and teen boys. Yes, Lesbians is still the number one reason to come here. Despite there being no lesbians on this site (as far as I know – if I am wrong, welcome Lesbians!)
Incidentally, if you did arrive here looking for helpful advice on working out your sexuality, I’m sure you’ve realised by now that this site is not that sort of site. I would advise you to look up your nearest LGBT organisation (I’d suggest trying “LGBT <your town>” or “LGBT <your country>” via your favourite search engine). There is no reason to make that decision on your own and a good local organisation can help you deal with the issues and help you come through it with minimal issues. There is no rush to come out immediately and they will help to do so in the right time and at the right pace. They can also put you in touch with people who can tell you what happened to them when they did it and help you make an informed decision.
Since I have little more than a passing familiarity with European languages and practically none at all with any of the others, I have no idea how accurate it is. But if English burns your eyes, you can at least have the familiarity of seeing words and characters from your own language.
It’s not my app, so any translation errors are Google’s fault and not mine. If you find it helpful that’s fab, if not then just ignore it and pretend it doesn’t exist.
I’m giving it a go: trying it on, looking in the mirror and pulling at the seams. Already, I prefer how it handles the blockquotes. If anything seems broken or looks odd because of this change, please let me know.
It may well get changes made to it as I get more comfortable – accessorised, if you will.
Thanks to SriniG
As well, because it’s that kind of day, I have installed the WordPress Mobile Pack. See it here also. This add on, created by James G Pearce, Andrea Trasatti and Terence Eden, shows a different theme to people browsing via their phones. There are also special themes for Nokia users. Hopefully all these changes will allow you to view the marvelous better.
I have been looking at the dates of posts and noticed how very lazy I have been. I have been back from honeymoon since the middle of June and haven’t posted anything at all. So here is the list of things I need to do (just like the Ten Commandments, “in no particular order”):
- Tidy up my Links list – many of the links are now dead and many of the others need pruning and I need to seriously reorganise the categories – done, let me know if you see any dead links
- Start to write about the audio adventures of Sapphire & Steel
- Find some things to get angry about so I can rant about them for your pleasure and delectation
- Update my LibraryThing library (not blog related, but needs to be done) – done/ongoing
- Post up the honeymoon photos and videos
- Organise some posts that I can put up here in the slack times – just general info/fluff/ideas posts
- Just get more organised in general here – this site has seemed a bit unloved for a while
I’ll cross these off as I do them and maybe add more if I think about them.