Reasons To Be Cheerful
Earlier today, and earlier this month, I was thinking of things to be thankful for.Â And I realised I have a lot.Â So, in lieu of an actual post, here are some reasons I have to be cheerful and thankful.Â It’s not exhaustive, but then neither is my mind.
In no particular order:
- I have been with my partner for over 10 glorious years – and we may be in need of some sort of wedding toast at some point….
- We have an awesome daughter who will be 9 soon and has already progressed to level 5 sarcasm
- We have a dog who is a big furry ball of fun
- We have our health (no small thing)
- I have a job I enjoy which is challenging but not hard, not bad for someone with only average GCSEs
- My staff, colleagues and boss are great fun to work with
- I get to moderate and be a member of the bestest Linux help forum out there – LQ
- Ditto for Literary Forums
- Through LQ, I get to publish articles
- Through LQ I have gotten to know Linux, get the confidence to create this site and meet a load of people from all around the world both virtually and in real life
- I’m relatively intelligent and well read – and I know my likes/dislikes
- Basically, I’m a fairly well-rounded human being, even if I do say so myself!
So, whenever you feel a bit down, just think of the good things in your life and you can sneer at everyone else.
Hmm, apparently people make a career out of this sort of thing…..